Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Zipper failure.

This is another post in my continuing series documenting low quality products that break prematurely.  Today I am going to show you a broken zipper

If you look at the right side of the zipper, about two inches from the end, you will see that this zipper has lost several teeth.  As a result of the loss of teeth, the zipper pull came off the right hand track. Therefore it can't be zipped.


This was a cheap pair of pants from Walmart -- brand "Lee Apparel."  One doesn't necessarily expect superb quality from  a discount store, but this pair of pants is less than six months old.   I have to think that buying a more expensive pair would have paid off in longer life and therefore been worthwhile.



I should note that this is not the only zipper which has lost teeth in my home.  

This didn't used to happen.  Zippers did not lose teeth when I was a kid.  Now we have planned obsolescence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment