I got some more junk mail this morning. I decided to write a long handwritten letter to them with all my complaints about them and their meaningless surveys and the issues that I really want to see addressed. I'm recreating that letter here, with a few things edited or added.
I have already contributed. I am not contributing again I'm tired of getting dozens of requests for money every day. I'm tired of these idiotic surveys that don't accomplish anything meaningful, because they're just broad Hallmark type stuff that any Democrat would agree with. I'm tired of being treated in this impersonal, mechanical, dumbed down way.
I'm very angry about the disinformation that the Democratic Party seems to be responsible for distributing about Tulsi Gabbard. I'm angry that, by excluding her from the debates, you kept the debates focused almost entirely on domestic policy and not on our horrendous foreign policy that has kept us engaged in counterproductive, disastrous, bankrupting regime change wars.
American people clearly demonstrated for support of both Trump and Sanders that the majority of people do not want foreign policy as usual the military budget needs to be cut DRAMATICALLY
By keeping Gabbard out of the debates, you allowed the most hawkish candidate to rise to the top.
As to legislation, you don't even mention some basic items that I think are very important:
1. The current limit on HSA contributions is less than the out-of-pocket maximum for my insurance. That doesn't even take into account glasses and dental. The limit on HSA contribution should be *at least* the out-of-pocket maximum on my insurance.
2. I lost my health insurance under ACA, because ACA did not allow the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) to be considered as a group. This forces me to buy insurance as an individual. Major cancer centers like Sloan Kettering (MSKCC) won't take any insurance that an individual can purchase. This forced me to get cancer care from incompetent providers miss my recurrence for nine months due to malpractice.
a. The NYSBA should be allowed to be a group
b. Hospitals like MSKCC that will not take any insurance that individuals can purchase should lose their not-for-profit status with the IRS
c. There needs to be a public option
3. Our Social Security numbers have been compromised by hacks. We need new Social Security numbers. We should be able to get new Social Security numbers like we can get new credit card numbers and no one should be able to offer credit cards without the users photo.
4. I am constantly plagued with scam phone calls. I cannot block the numbers, because the numbers are spoofed. Spoofed calls must be made illegal immediately. People making unsolicited Robo calls should be considered felons and given STIFF penalties.
5. Addiction is a disease, not a crime. Drug abuse should be treated with a medical model, not a criminal model. The field war in drugs must be stopped.
6. (thought of this later) Trump fired a whole bunch of inspectors general. These federal employees should be protected from random firing by the president. They’re too important.