Sunday, October 9, 2016

Obamacare -- some issues

I tend to run in a liberal crowd.  I'm not sure I'm consistently liberal, but somehow I end up there.  I see a lot of my liberal friends saying they want me to support Obamacare.

I really like the idea of Obamacare.  I feel I should want to support it, but for me it has not worked out at all.

For the self-employed and small business owners it has meant a doubling of premiums. 

Also, I used to get my health insurance from the NY State Bar Association (NYSBA). Obamacare disqualified them as a group, so I am forced to buy my own insurance. 

This year I bought a more expensive plan that wasn't on the exchange because it was the only one available to individuals that Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (where my oncologist is) is participating in. This plan will no longer exist in 2017. Currently, there are no plans available to individuals who are not low income that Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is participating in. 

If Obamacare hadn't made the NYSBA no longer a group, I wouldn't be having this problem.  

Can we at least change that about Obamacare? 

No comments:

Post a Comment