Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Comments about avatar

This is a stub of a review of Avatar II.  I posted these comments on someone's post on FB.  He said he wasn't able to sit through the movie and he thought it was too full of stereotypical sequences.  


Here was my response: 


I sat through the whole thing, with one bathroom visit. I did have to take the glasses off when walking around, because they interfered with my balance and made me woozy. 


Yeah, these things do usually have the same plot of someone trying to destroy the world, though here it was not quite the whole world. 


One thing that was unusual was that the people were the bad guys and the aliens were the good guys. 


I was somewhat disappointed in the 3D aspect. I walked out of the first one feeling like I had been flying and craving more. This time the 3D effect was much more subtle and subliminal. I wasn’t conscious of it most of the time. 


I want to see more of the story of the adopted daughter who was said to have epilepsy, but turned out to really have some kind of deep spiritual connection. She intrigued me. I feel like they might have been setting her up for her own sequel. 


The suspense was much more intense towards the end. Really, literally got me up on the edge of my seat. 


I don’t feel that that part was at all stereotypical. I don’t want to put in spoilers, tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment